When working on my self assessment, I found it hard to look at things from other people’s perspectives. I know that I really enjoyed all of my information and I loved looking through everything as a math teacher, but I’m not sure how others would perceive my information. I am excited to see what my PLN has to say about my curation.
1) As a math teacher, I found all the information I curated to be very interesting! I feel as if any math teacher could find something beneficial within my information whether they are tenured or a newbie.
2) All the information I found was original and I also feel as if it is true to the teaching profession.
3) Teaching is always changing and with the push of technology in the classroom I wanted to make sure I included some math teaching with technology resources as well as video tutorials.
4) I worked really hard on trying to include many different platforms from blogs, articles, videos, and online resources so all of my information would be diverse.
5) I find all of it interesting because I love reading about math teaching! I also think that it is unique because some of it is on new trends within the math class.
6) All of the information is based around math teaching and is relevant to different forms of math teaching.
7) I think all of my information adds value to previously curated things because they all focus around my main topic and build upon each other.
8) My information might inspire collaboration within a classroom, but I’m not sure how it could inspire collaboration amongst my readers. I guess people could discuss different articles and resources within my posts, but it doesn’t come right out and scream collaboration.
9) I think that if my readers taught any level of math, they would feel more prepared after reading my curated information.
10) All of my posts were in sync.
11) This one was a hard question for me to answer. Since things change so often in education, not everything I posted will be sustainable for decades, however they are sustainable for the next couple of years.
12) Since some of this information on my curated topic will leave because they are on a blog, I don’t think I will be able to archive all of it. Some of it, like the articles, will be there for the long haul, but the videos and blog posts could disappear.
13) I was very selective in the information that I chose. I wanted to make sure that there were many different styles of resources represented so different teaching styles could still find something they were looking for.
14) While I was working on this assignment I was updating my curator regularly, and I feel as if now that I have found such a great way to save information, I will continue to update it even after.
15) I feel as if the information represents me and my thoughts on math teaching so it shows my perspective on what kind of classroom resources are available.